Monday, April 20, 2009

First cooking club gathering

We gathered at my place, and it was my first time I had a group of people at my place for dinner. I was excited and nervous. We talked from sunset to midnight, from Erin's better-than-CSI prosecutor experience to... I can't remember... lasik surgery?

We had,
- Asparagus and arugula wrapped with prosciutto, with red wine vinaigrette
- Pizza: sausage pizza and shrimp pizza. We totally overloaded with toppings. The second pizza came out a bit soggier, and I'm guessing that the dough started to deflate after being left in the warm temperature about 40 mins after the first one is made.



- Erin made this lovely strawberry daifuku (草莓大福). The red bean paste is just right - not saccharine at all. 

Oh and I made mojitos for everyone - even Lynn liked it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment